Wednesday 1 October 2014

What I Hope to Gain From AS Media

I hope to gain from AS Media a deeper understanding of the media skills that I learnt in GCSE. I'm interested in the film industry and so learning about media will help immensely; in order for me to gain knowledge about the creative development behind it all.

Working in a team will help me work with new people and be able to combine a variety of ideas to create one final piece.

I'll also gain an understanding for the planning process behind creating film trailers as there's much more to it than what most believe.

Understanding how the media actually works is something I'm looking forward to, as well as the way major companies in the film industry create excitement by marketing and promotion.

2 comments:

  1. Good reasons for choosing to study Media. Which do you prefer, filming or editing and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer editing, because you can change the entire mood/feeling/atmosphere of a scene if you use the right music, camera editing and effects. Small things like using greyscale on a camera shot can make a scene more dramatic especially if you slow it down as this gives the audience more of a chance to look at the character and notice small details about them.

    ReplyDelete